The certified team at Ocean Dental use digital X-rays in Lompoc, CA to get a complete view of a patient’s oral health. Digital imaging, allows your dentist to see the source of your pain and much more. A digital x-ray reveals the inner workings of a tooth, the soft tissues deep within and the surrounding bone structure. We can check for dental health issues, including:
- Tooth Damage
- Bone loss, and much more.
Digital X-Rays in Lompoc, CA
We use the following types of digital x-rays at Ocean Dental:
- Bitewing X-ray: This type of digital imaging is taken annually or when problems arise. You will need a bitewing x-ray if you have a filling or a tooth crown that may need to be replaced, a bitewing is best for capturing evidence of bone loss or cavities, particularly in areas where teeth are close together.
- Panoramic Radiographs: This 2D digital x-ray in Lompoc, CA is used to capture the entire mouth. A panoramic view may be needed to diagnosis problematic wisdom teeth, a deviation in the nasal cavity or an abnormal jaw structure.
- Periapical X-ray: These images are useful in uncovering dental problems below the gum line or in the jaw bone, such as abscesses, impacted teeth and bone changes linked to certain diseases.
- Full Mouth Series: This series provides a comprehensive view of all teeth and the whole bone structure. New patients receive a full mouth series as it gives our Lompoc, CA dentist a clear overview of each person’s oral health through images.