IMPLANT RESTORATION IN LOMPOC, CA
A missing tooth can mar your smile and make eating more difficult. Over time, a gap in your mouth can also lead the remaining teeth in your mouth to shift. If you’re missing a tooth, you could be a good candidate for implant restoration in Lompoc, CA. Implant restoration can fill the gap in your teeth, restore your smile to its original beauty, and make eating easier.
What Is An Implant?
An implant is a prosthetic tooth that’s fused to the jaw and capped with a dental crown. Implants look and function like natural teeth, because they’re attached to the body.
Visually, it’s virtually impossible to tell the difference between an implant and a natural tooth. Because implants are a permanent part of the mouth, they’re also maintained just like natural teeth. This makes implants more desirable than other forms of prosthetic teeth, like dentures.
Are You a Good Candidate for Implants?
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for implants is by visiting the dentist. Your dentist will assess your oral health and jaw structure, and will make a recommendation accordingly. The most promising candidates for dental implants have the following characteristics:
- Good oral hygiene habits. It’s important to learn to maintain your oral health before you invest in implants. Maintaining good oral health habits can make your implant last longer.
- Good oral health. Poor oral hygiene may cause the implant to fail. If you suffer from gum disease or another oral hygiene problem, then your dentist may recommend addressing this problem before installing an implant.
- Non-smoker. Smoking can lengthen the recovery time after an implant is installed and may lead the implant to fail.
Benefits of Implants
There are many benefits of implants! Here’s what you should consider as you decide whether this type of prosthetic tooth is right for you.
- Natural appearance. Dental implants look just like real teeth – they even match your teeth in color.
- Functionality. Dental implants function just like your real teeth, and are maintained in the same way too.
- Will not loosen like dentures. Dentures can become loose-fitting, but implants won’t!
Need Implants? Call Your Dentist in Lompoc, CA
If you’re missing a tooth, implants could be the solution. Contact your dentist in Lompoc, CA to find out whether you’re a good candidate for implant restoration.